How to do your taxes and file for free.

If you are mathematically inclined, hellbent on filling out your forms yourself, made less than $57,000 in 2009, and only have to use the 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ form go here, and fill out your forms straight on the IRS site FREE FILE, and efile them too. Get confirmation from the IRS that your return was received in 48 hours, and get your refund they say in about 10 days with direct deposit. And all for nothin'. (FYI: this site doesn't have the capability to support state filing or efiling, but some of the companies they partner with DO offer free and paid state return preparation thru this site.)

If you went to art school like me (which means you don't even balance your checkbook) and believe that part of your American duty to support the economy is to pay a CPA to do your crazy freelance art director tax forms, then you will be joining me in the annual "turning over of the stuffed receipt shoebox" this February and the subsequent "crossing of the fingers" that the outcome won't be so bad.

Subscribe to Mommy's Wish List so you don't miss a deal.
Pay it forward, people!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

hee hee hee! you make me LAUGH!

thanks for the tip. We just barely exceeded the freebie income limit. I guess I shouldn't be disappointed that we make LESS than that!!

Hope you are doing great!