I am SuperMom. Hear me dunk.
It's one thing, one very endearing thing, when your family calls you SuperMom. Just yesterday, as Luka unscrewed the top off his sippy cup and started dunking his Oreo in his chocolate milk, I squelched a gasp. SuperMom lets Luka make a bit of a mess when he is demonstrating a new skill. SuperMom doesn't freak out when that chocolate milk starts running across the table and into the Sunday Paper. SuperMom says "Hey, that's cool, you're dunking! Where'd you learn that?"
"From you, mom!"
It's quite another story though, when you're called SuperMom by a cookie. Now that's monumental! Oreo has finally recognized my motherly genius, my SuperMom moves, my mommy mojo. And, they've asked me to share how I got into this lofty hall of fame with my readers.
Want to be a SuperMom? Have your husband iron all your clothes? Want your kids to refer to you as "Pretty Princess"? I've got 5 ways that you too can achieve SuperMom status with indescribably good ways to impress your family.
1. Be liberal in your interpretation of "Breakfast Food". One strawberry, two Oreo Fudge Cremes, a cheese stick and a cup of hot green tea often equals breakfast for 4-yr-olds at my house. I find that over a week's period, that food pyramid thing kinda builds itself if you are patient.
2. Spout 45 years worth of retained trivia relevant to your children's current assignments. Quinn, did you know that Ulysses S. Grant's middle initial doesn't stand for anything? Luka, the cheetah at the Dallas Zoo only has one eye! Proving once again, that MOMS KNOW EVERYTHING.
3. Make your husband's lunch for work every day. I know, I know, you're thinking "wow, that's soooo 1950's of you". Also, I wear a frilly apron.
4. I have a crock pot, and I'm not afraid to use it. When all the big and little boys come home from school and work, and the house smells like meat, their caveman instincts kick in. You can get them to do just about anything to get their hands on what you have cooking in the magic crock pot. They'll take out the trash, wash their hands, pick up their Legos. Meat is a powerful motivator.
5. Be discerningly helpless. SuperMom knows when to play delicate flower and let the men feel powerful. This is one of SuperMom's best kept secrets. I know I can do it all. You know I can do it all. But, letting them do it for me makes them happy. The way to impress your family is to make them proud of themselves, make them think it was their idea, and then praise them for THEIR genius.
Once you've put these five tips to impress your family into good use, you too can be SuperMom. You can sit back and watch your children sweep the porch. You can watch your husband wash your car and fill it up with gas. And you can sit and dunk the extra package of Oreos that you hid last week, in your coffee, while they're all out doing your bidding. Now that's impressive.
Mommy's Wish List Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. Compensation was provided by Oreo Fudge Cremes via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are 100% my own and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Oreo Fudge Cremes.