Tuesday

Bleu Butter Bruschetta recipe.



If you squint, this looks EXACTLY like me and my husband on our honeymoon in the South of France. For real, people. Stop laughing.

I was inspired by these hilarious I Can't Believe It's Not Butter commercials to concoct some sort of toast recipe that reminded me of my honeymoon. Mediterranean food is just, so, lovely. *sigh* Currently I have to look at hot dogs and chicken nuggest all day. I wanted to make something lovely, but really easy too. So here goes.

I Can't Believe it's not Bleu Butter Bruschetta: (and the story behind it)
This is an easy-to-whip-up Bruschetta, that my husband and I snack on when we reminisce about our honeymoon on the Mediterranean. You know, back before there were crazy little short people living in our house. Theoretically, we want to relive the tastes of the Mediterranean, but realistically we do not have the time, energy, or budget to eat what we ate over there.

I mean, really, we ate at restaurants where there were 50 different eloquent and flowery words for "fish". Restaurants where the garcon introduced us to our fish before he cooked them.
"Madame, c'est Pierre. Pierre, Madame. Elle vous mangera."

Where tomatoes, wine and cheese were a given at every meal. Even breakfast. Ahhhh.

So, our answer is this quick "bowl of stuff you eat on toast". The surprise to this treat, though, is the toast...
Toast Ingredients: 
Bread (my fave to use is a baguette, cut into thin (1/4") slices)
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter made with Olive Oil
Crumbled Bleu Cheese (WHAAAA?)

Toast Directions:
In a small bowl, blend 1/4 cup of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter made with Olive Oil and 2 Tablespoons of crumbled Bleu Cheese until they are thoroughly mixed. Look, you just made I Can't Believe It's Not Bleu Butter! Spread this mixture on baguette slices. Arrange baguette slices on a cookie sheet and put into a low oven (250 degrees) until the Bleu Butter is melted and the toasts become crispy and slightly tan.

Bruschetta topping Ingredients: 
Red Tomatoes, diced
Little Yellow Grape Tomatoes, quartered
Black Olives, chopped
Bertolli Olive Oil (drizzle to taste/consistency you prefer)
1 Box of Near East Cous Cous & Lentils, cooked (which only takes about 2 minutes)
A few leaves of basil from our herb garden, chopped
1/2 teaspoon of chopped garlic in a jar (because that is the easiest)

Bruschetta topping Directions:
Chop up all the tomatoes, olives and basil. Dump in your cooked couscous and garlic. Drizzle in a bit of Olive Oil. Mix. Spoon this mixture on top of your Bleu Butter Toasts, pop open the nearest bottle of wine, and pretend you're in the south of France. Ignore Sponge Bob and the crazy little short people who are running around the kitchen screaming "Who lives in a pineapple under the sea!" with no pants on.

You want to try I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! products too? 
Everyone can sign up for their newsletter, and get exclusive access to coupons, offers, and more recipes, for toasty things. Not only that, but you can win a toaster from I Can't Believe It's Not Butter here. Then you could make your own fancy schmancy toast too. After all, great toast is all about what you put on it. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter has 70% less saturated fat, 30% fewer calories and 0g trans fat per serving than butter.

Mommy's Wish List Disclosure: I Can't Believe It's Not Butter sponsored this post.

Subscribe to Mommy's Wish List so you don't miss a recipe.
Bleu Butter Bruschetta recipe.SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

® Mommy's Wish List, Dine on a Dime, Circular Surfer, Christmas Intelligence, Stalk Market, Shopping Intelligence, Coupon Whereabouts, are trademarks of Wish List Creative 2005 - 2016.
 

Newspaper subscription Google+