The Crest & Oral B Life Opens Up Project.

The Crest & Oral-B Life Opens Up Project is an inspiring project that celebrates all the ways a healthy, confident mouth helps you engage in your world. With a confident smile, you can be ready for anything. Once upon a time, I was a super-introvert. (I know, you're shocked.) Ok, I was even more introverted than I am now. Painfully so. Out of my element at all times, and really had a hard time relating to people around me.
Your mouth is more than just teeth and gums, it's your most important feature when it comes to expressing yourself and engaging with the world. The Crest & Oral-B Life Opens Up Project will highlight individual stories that showcase how a healthy mouth has played a role in opening up to life and to the world.
I thought I'd share the above picture, because it is from a time in my life when I had not only awesome hair (right?) but finally felt confident enough to smile back at the world. I had something to say. I had finally opened up to the world around me. Why? Because I got the heck out of Kansas and went to art school. Growing up in a non-welcoming and non-supportive environment doesn't exactly encourage an artsy chick to have a voice. But, once I was surrounded by other artsy unique people I opened up. I had something to say, and a unique voice to say it in. It was ok to be an artist. It was ok to be different. This confidence turned into a 20-year career as an ad agency mouthpiece, presenting and explaining creative ideas to worldwide clients. And now, well, I enjoy giving my opinion, making word play, expressing my thoughts, and reflecting on the world around me. I've become the ultimate in internet mouthpieces, a mom blogger.

And while you don't get to see me smirk when I type a funny phrase, I do appreciate when you all open up and take the time to send me an email or make a comment on a post that inspires you. That makes me smile now most of all. And I picture you smiling on the the other end of the keyboard.

You can join in the Life Opens Up Project too, and have the chance to win up to $25,000 and be featured on the Rachael Ray Show when you tell Crest and Oral B how you use YOUR mouth to engage with the world. Check it out on their Facebook page here. Just upload your own video to enter!

Mommy's Wish List Disclosure: Compensation was provided for this post by Crest & Oral-B via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Crest & Oral-B.
The Crest & Oral B Life Opens Up Project.SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

® Mommy's Wish List, Dine on a Dime, Circular Surfer, Christmas Intelligence, Stalk Market, Shopping Intelligence, Coupon Whereabouts, are trademarks of Wish List Creative 2005 - 2016.

Newspaper subscription Google+