Bertolli Soup: An easy way to make a weeknight dinner special.

Tonight, Quinn had a teen board meeting at Community Partners of Dallas which fell right in the middle of dinner time. And Luka never eats anything I cook anyway. So, I decided that tonight my husband and I would have a fancy Monday night dinner with Bertolli Meal Soup. Time Warner Cable went right along with my idea of having an intimate dinner by deciding to stop working. That meant no NCIS. All conversation.

I busted out the placemats and *gasp* real napkins. The European wine. A candle. And, I even took four minutes to melt some parmesan cheese on some toast. I dumped some salad-in-a-bag out into bowls. Fancy, right? I am a very classy mommy. Because Bertolli Premium Meal Soup only takes about ten minutes to make, this quick but fancy dinner came together and could be eaten in a hurry. Which is what we needed, considering all the time we did not have in between dropping Quinn off and picking him back up again. My kitchen island turned into a European Bistro:

My husband and I are pretty much hooked on Bertolli Premium Meal Soup. He was VERY happy when I told him I was making it for dinner. Tonight, we had the Tomato Florentine. It has tortellini, chicken, and spinach in a very rich creamy tomato soup. I love that the only instruction is to just dump it out of the frozen bag into the pot, add 1 cup of hot water and simmer for 10 minutes. DONE!

Top Three Tips for a Special Weeknight Dinner:
1. Use real napkins even if no one recognizes what they are.
2. Make sure the cable is out.
3. Wine. Duh.

Everything in Bertolli Soup is flash frozen separately and individually at it's freshness peak, and the stock for the soups is cooked for 4 hours before they freeze it in these tiny stock cubes. Because everything is frozen separately, nothing in the soup comes out tasting like mush (like a canned soup). All the vegetables taste like you just threw them in there fresh. It's really quite amazing. This is what is looks like out of the bag before, and after simmering for ten minutes:

You can find out all about the Bertolli Premium Soups for Two on their Facebook Page here. And, you can follow them on twitter here. Bertolli soups come in four flavors right now, but Chef Michael from Bertolli, who created all of these, says he's working on a couple of new ones! I'm betting on Italian Wedding Soup with those cute little meatballs! 

You can find them in the freezer section of your favorite grocery store here: Chicken Minestrone, Roasted Chicken and Rotini Pasta, Tomato Florentine and Tortellini with Chicken, and Tuscan Style Beef and Vegetables. Quinn's favorite is the Tomato Florentine so I will have to hide the evidence that we ate this one tonight without him. Shhhh!

Mommy's Wish List Giveaway Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Bertolli thru The Blogger Connection. I was compensated by Bertolli to participate in the Weeknight Meal Special Challenge.

Subscribe to Mommy's Wish List and get more ideas for down 'n dirty dinners you can brag about.
Bertolli Soup: An easy way to make a weeknight dinner special.SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

® Mommy's Wish List, Dine on a Dime, Circular Surfer, Christmas Intelligence, Stalk Market, Shopping Intelligence, Coupon Whereabouts, are trademarks of Wish List Creative 2005 - 2016.

Newspaper subscription Google+