Coffee Smoothies recipe using International Delight Mocha.

It doesn't get any easier, or cheaper than this.

This weekend, International Delight Iced Coffee asked me to come up with a new way to think about their product. Hey, I've done mixology for years, so totally right up my alley. Sure, we love it over ice. Like, all day long. But eeevvveeerrryybody does that. I decided, using my efficiency expert brain, to use the International Delight Iced Coffee as the platform for the new ultimate morning nutrition: the Coffee Smoothie.

You see, I often go hang out at certain hipster establishments in Dallas. Where they have a smoothie bar. And a coffee bar. Separated by the cafe seating. They don't mix them. Until now, it has never occurred to me that you could PUT coffee in a smoothie. Obviously it has not occurred to the hipsters yet either.

We drink smoothies because they are chock full of healthy stuff like protein powder and fresh fruit.

Have you seen the produce at Sam's Club? It is SWELL.

We drink coffee because, well, we want our brains to work. Right? Did you know you can get a two-pack of half-gallons of International Delight Iced Coffee at Sam's Club for $6.47? That's like $3.25ish a carton. That's like .40¢ish a serving. Get your local coffee shop to give you an iced coffee for .40¢. So because of this bargain, I can have it every day without feeling guilty for buying an expensive coffee drink.

$6.47 for 2 half-gallons of Iced Coffee. Sweet.

*BANG* I hit myself on the head like Richard Lewis because I never thought to mix the coffee and smoothies before. A Coffee Smoothie. It's genius I tell you. You get your breakfast AND your morning coffee in one glass. You boost your brain with omega 3s from Flax Seed and caffeine from Coffee.

I use the protein powder with greens, so I'm getting spinach and seaweed too.

Coffee Smoothie:
12 oz. or 1 1/2 cups International Delight Mocha Iced Coffee
1 scoop (1 heaping tablespoon) Protein Powder
1 teaspoon Ground Flax Seed
1 banana
1 peach
1/2 cup of ice

Put it all in a blender and puree it. This made enough for me and my teenage son to both have about an 8oz size cup. And it was delicious! I think the star of the show was the peach. It's peach season here in Texas, and you can smell these things in the next room. I'm now making these every morning til the peaches run out.

It's a pick-me-up and keep-me-full summer morning smoothie.

Yet one more way to make your morning more efficient...have your morning coffee and your breakfast all in one glass. If you'd like to see my entire shopping trip shown in a photo essay, visit my Google+ album here.

Keep up with International Delight on Facebook here, and International Delight on twitter here.

Mommy's Wish List Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and International Delight. All opinions are my own.

Subscribe to Mommy's Wish List so you don't miss insider information from brands.
Coffee Smoothies recipe using International Delight Mocha.SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend


® Mommy's Wish List, Dine on a Dime, Circular Surfer, Christmas Intelligence, Stalk Market, Shopping Intelligence, Coupon Whereabouts, are trademarks of Wish List Creative 2005 - 2016.

Newspaper subscription Google+