Trix Yogurt: Building a better summer camp lunch.

Don't look now, Luka, but you just ate a dairy product. And a banana. And a strawberry. HA!

I have to take a moment to thank the clever people at the summer camp up the street that entertain my little hurricane every day. There's Lego Day. Yoga Day. (Yoga day, people. For toddlers. Luka has taken to showing me his poses every afternoon.) Wheels Day. Splash Day. Art Day. Spanish Day. Cooking Day. Sometimes I can't keep it all straight. But I do really appreciate it.

But, I still must pack a lunch for camp. Oh the drudgery! Oh the conundrum! I can't get Luka to eat much of anything but hot dogs and yogurt. (Thank goodness he likes yogurt.) So packing lunches for summer camp has been a bit of a challenge. After days and days of experimentation, and the startling realization that he really does not like jelly, I finally have the right combination of items that he'll actually eat every day. And he wants it to be the same every day. Weird. Maybe the chaos of camp is balanced by the predictability of lunch? Maybe I am over-psychoanalyzing his eating habits?

Even though I don't understand his psychological need for culinary predictability, I personally am down with nutritional predictability. Like his favorite yogurt: Yoplait Trix Yogurt. It's a healthy snack, without high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, or sweeteners. It's one of the few things that Luka likes that I like for him to like. I know I can count on it to balance out some of those other foods Luka likes too much (and I'm talking to you, hot dogs). It's one of the few ways I can get some dairy into his diet. And yet another way for me to sneak some fruit in there too.

I keep the 6-packs of Trix Yogurt in the freezer, and put one in his camp lunch every day, hard as a rock. By lunch time, it's thawed and perfectly chilled for eating. Plus, it keeps everything else in his lunch cold, like a cooler pack. Yes, sometimes I am clever and think of things like that.

Trix Yogurt comes in these half-n-half swirled flavors:
Cotton Candy
Raspberry Rainbow
Strawberry Banana Bash
Strawberry Punch
Triple Cherry

So it's not only a lesson in eating healthy snacks, it's Color Concept for Kindergartners. Blue + Pink = Purple! Pink + Yellow = Yellow-Orange.

"That's a tertiary color, mommy."

My goodness I am getting my money's worth out of that summer camp, huh?

This week I found the Trix Yogurt on sale at my local grocery store 2 for $4. That's my stock-up price. Sometimes I have a coupon for Yoplait kid's yogurt, and that makes my stock-up price even better, and I'll buy several 6-packs for my garage freezer. Because when I have all the stuff ready and stocked to make camp lunch in the morning, it is much easier for me to use my single functioning brain cell to remember where I put the car keys. So I can take that child to camp. So he can come home and dazzle me with tertiary colors.

"Trix are for kids" but unwanted additives definitely are not. That's why Yoplait® Trix® Yogurt comes in silly, swirly flavors kids love, without high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, or sweeteners. It's still the same bright, fun, colorful snack, only better. You'll love that they love it!

Mommy's Wish List Disclosure: Compensation was provided by General Mills via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills.
Trix Yogurt: Building a better summer camp lunch.SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

® Mommy's Wish List, Dine on a Dime, Circular Surfer, Christmas Intelligence, Stalk Market, Shopping Intelligence, Coupon Whereabouts, are trademarks of Wish List Creative 2005 - 2016.

Newspaper subscription Google+