Friday

What you might have missed this week.



On Fridays from now on, I'll be writing you a round-up post of shopping deals you might have missed, free items you should check out, events worth noting, and other helpful bits.

Last Friday, I wrote about trying to get a job as an old lady. How I applied for 136 jobs last year, and I'll do what it takes to get a job this year, even apply for 136 more jobs! And wow, that story took off. You all have kindly shared it 65 times on your Facebook pages, given me countless retweets on your Twitter accounts, added your own comments and experience facing ageism and sexism in your own job search, and those of you who have worked with me before have written recommendations on my LinkedIn profile that made me cry they were so nice.

MomCorps even featured my story in their newsletter. And Savings.com, where I am a DealPro, has been helping me get the word out all week. Thank you to everyone who helps promote Mommy's Wish List.

I thank you all for reading that post and encouraging me. I hope your job search has been less of a struggle than mine has been.

Deals and Steals.
This week hopefully some of you got these lovely freebies:
Starbucks Free Blonde Roast Coffee
Lipton Black Tea Free Sample
7 Proctor & Gamble Product Samples

And this amazing deal on Play-Doh.

If you're dining out, or shopping this weekend, remember NOT to go without a coupon in your hand. Make 2013 the year you don't eat out and pay full price, and the year that you build your wardrobe one piece at a time from clearance sales. As we go forward this year, I'll be sharing some of my working wardrobe built this way. It can be done...you can put together really nice outfits for less than $50 head to toe. Sometimes even less than that!

Find restaurant coupons to print and use here.

Find retail store coupons to print and use here.

Where else you'll find me this week.
I talked about Potty Training Tough Kids on Care.com this week here, as part of an on-going parenting series. Feel my pain? I'm sure you have.

Planning Ahead.
Super Bowl
If you've starting planning your big Super Bowl party visit my Super Bowl Recipes Pinterest board, where I've been pinning football shaped this-and-that, and other delicious things to feed your team. From my blog you'll find Pizza Rice Balls or Mini Pesto Pizzas make quick and easy party food. I've even re-created the Bowl of Bob Queso from Mattito's in my crock-pot for our upcoming Super Bowl party.

Valentine's Day
I've also got a Valentine's Day Pinterest board going, so check that out for school class Valentine ideas, crafts for kids, and easy decor ideas. Start scouting stores like Tuesday Morning for cute and inexpensive Valentine presents.

The Cookie Exchange Pinterest Board is still going strong, and all my blogger friends are now pinning fudge, Valentine cookies, and other goodies to make your Valentine's Day sweeter.

Taxes
Tax Season approaches. And while you're organizing all your receipts, think about who will be doing your taxes this year. There will be some delay in being able to file your taxes, because the code is currently, and quickly, being rewritten to reflect the new changes made. But, rest assured H&R Block is here to help you with free and cheap options (and advice) for making that task less of a chore.



And most importantly, Girl Scout Cookie door-to-door sales start TODAY, people. Keep your eyes peeled for a girl scout near you.

Affiliate
What you might have missed this week.SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

® Mommy's Wish List, Dine on a Dime, Circular Surfer, Christmas Intelligence, Stalk Market, Shopping Intelligence, Coupon Whereabouts, are trademarks of Wish List Creative 2005 - 2016.
 

Newspaper subscription Google+