Daddy Does Dishes.

Dish doing has come a long way since 1917. 

"Thirty-six inches. You see, I'm not very tall and yet I have always found that every other sink I tried was too low for solid comfort. The plumbers have a way of making them all alike – thirty-two inches from the floor, I think. They were scandalized because I asked them to change the regulation height, and yet, I find this exactly right. And isn't it a lovely white enameled one? I am happy whenever I look at it! Don't laugh, Ruth; a sink is a very important piece of furniture! I had always liked this kind with the grooved drainboard on each side, sloping just a little toward the center. And see how easily I can reach up and put away the dishes in the cupboard, you see. I don't like a single dish or utensil in sight when the kitchen is in order." – From A Thousand Ways to Please A Husband with Bettina's Best Recipes by Louise Bennett Weaver and Helen Cowles LeCron, 1917

I always have an orderly kitchen. Pffft.

Daddy does dishes at our house.
Bettina, the main character in this quaint novel/recipe book makes keeping a kitchen look easy-peasy. She's no Gail Simmons though. (Drizzling sauce on a plate before you put the food item on it was unheard of in 1917.)

And, she would most likely be shocked by the fact that the daddy does the dishes at our house. It takes more than a perfectly positioned sink to get these old white plates to sparkle. Now we have TECHNOLOGY. And daddy.

We are especially thankful for Cascade technology and daddy. We like Cascade so much, they asked me to write about them. We love it (and daddy) especially when we're stuck with stuck-on breakfast casseroles, crusty macaroni and cheese cupcake, and gooey cinnamon rolls with caramel frosting. We don't even have to pre-rinse that crud now.

Cascade is keeping my white plates picture-perfect.
You've probably noticed I cook a lot more than I used to, and I take pictures of it all. On the same white plates I've had for 17 years. Since I have a plethora of pretty food shots, I registered and entered some of my favorite pics in Cascade's #MyPlatinum Contest on Instagram, where I'll have a chance to win prizes from Cascade and KitchenAid. Like this one. You can too. This contest runs for the next four weeks and you can enter here.

Cascade Platinum not only cleans your dishes, it cleans your dishwasher.
I like how Cascade Platinum keeps the plates white, and the glasses clear. Bonus, the inside of dishwasher actually looks better.

Cascade Platinum Pacs deliver the most powerful clean available from Cascade while simultaneously helping to maintain the sparkling look of your clean dishwasher interior. It's designed to leave dishware virtually spot-free while helping prevent the build-up of hard-water film on dishwasher walls.

It eliminates the need for pre-washing. (yay!) And, it's recommended by more dishwasher manufacturers in North America than any other automatic dishwasher detergent.

Find Cascade Platinum coupons here.

Subscribe to Mommy's Wish List by email.

Mommy's Wish List Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Cascade. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
Daddy Does Dishes.SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

® Mommy's Wish List, Dine on a Dime, Circular Surfer, Christmas Intelligence, Stalk Market, Shopping Intelligence, Coupon Whereabouts, are trademarks of Wish List Creative 2005 - 2016.

Newspaper subscription Google+