Target's Simply Balanced brand products are craveable.

I have become obsessed with this pretty blue packaging. It happens to be the new packaging for the Simply Balanced line of produced from Target. Yep, it's a Target store brand! Today I went up and down every aisle of the SuperTarget to see where all I could find this pretty new packaging that just hit Target stores in June. Remember, I am a designer. I kind of love pretty packaging.

I especially love pretty packaging when it's wrapped around things like Parmesan Rosemary Popcorn and Pineapple Coconut Water. Fancy, huh? I like the combination of it being simple ingredients like popcorn and water, but with a fun and flavorful twist.

What I discovered was that Simply Balanced was not a generic in-store brand at all. It's a line of food made with simple and craveable ingredients. Much of it is organic, some of it all natural and all minimally processed. They even have a giant list of ingredients that are not allowed in any Simply Balanced food. You'll find close to 250 different products in snacks, beverages, frozen seafood, dairy, and cereal.

It fits right in to our family's attempt to eat better, and make better choices for snacks, drinks, and meals.

Before I left for the store, I went thru the Target coupons available on their website, and found $1 off any Simply Balanced purchase of at least $3. Yeah! Every little big helps right?

Where in Target will you find Simply Balanced?
Look in the dairy and frozen food section. You'll find wild-caught Alaskan Salmon and tilapia fillets, organic butter, milk both fortified with Omega-3s and organic versions, cage-free brown eggs.


Look in the snack aisle. The breadth of snacks available blew me away. Yogurt/fruit Smoothie Bites, Fruit Leathers and Fruit Snacks, Almond Blueberry nut and fruit clusters, and Freeze Dried Fruit and Vegetable Snacks like kernel corn and strawberry chips were just a few of the tasty snacks I got for Luka. I was totally right about the strawberry chips, he loved them. And the Parmesan Rosemary Popcorn I mentioned earlier? Mostly gone before I even got home.


Look in the pasta aisle. Some of the more interesting items I found were an entire grains section featuring chia seeds, quinoa in flavors like garlic and olive oil, lentils, couscous, arborio and jasmine rice, even wheat kernels! (I've never seen that in a package in a store before) Equally impressive were the gluten-free choices: pastas, rice crackers, and tortilla chips in several unique varieties like blue corn flax.

Since we are big hot tea drinkers, I was also so excited to get both hibiscus and green teas. There were also many unique flavors of essence waters, which I loaded up on for Quinn's mini-fridge. He serves his high school friends drinks when they come over, and I know these will be a much better choice than soda.

Look y'all, Luka's eating something that is not a hotdog.

So go to Target, and look around. You'll start seeing more and more Simply Balanced pretty and tasty products in your store as the year rolls on. They not only look good and taste good, they take some of the guess work out of knowing if you're making a good choice for yourself and your family. I know my family is glad I brought some home. Especially that popcorn. They're already requesting I go back for more.

Simply Balanced
Take the guesswork out of eating well. Introducing Simply Balanced, a new brand from Target that's thoughtfully crafted for taste and goodness. All Simply Balanced food meets nutritional requirements that include: low sodium and fat, zero Trans Fat, no Hydrogenated Oils or high fructose corn syrup, and no synthetic colors, artificial preservatives, flavors or sweeteners. Many are certified organic.

Find more great recent deals in Shopping Intelligence.

Subscribe to Mommy's Wish List so you don't miss a deal eating well.

Mommy's Wish List Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Target via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Target.
Target's Simply Balanced brand products are craveable.SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

® Mommy's Wish List, Dine on a Dime, Circular Surfer, Christmas Intelligence, Stalk Market, Shopping Intelligence, Coupon Whereabouts, are trademarks of Wish List Creative 2005 - 2016.

Newspaper subscription Google+