Chili Chicken Dippers Recipe for Quick Texas-Flavored Dinners, from Sam's Club.

One of the things that makes shopping at Sam's Club so much fun is cruising around the store when they're doing a recipe and sampling demo of some sort, and stuffing your face. Not only is it a great way to entertain your kid in the shopping cart, there's lunch done. Plus, I get ideas for what to serve at home for school-night dinners (which I have no time or inclination to make by the way) and weekends (when I am on strike from motherhood).

I have more important things to do than cook, y'all. Sheesh.

And I have priorities. Which rarely, if ever, include cooking. Eating – well that's a different matter altogether. So when I find something I can make that, ahem, Luka will eat, and it only takes me 30 minutes and three brain cells or less, I'm all over it. After all, I'm trying to figure out how to make dinner AND do my super fun job that I never want to come home from at night, high school and elementary school, my husband's city meetings, soccer practice, t-ball practice, art classes, UIL Math, driving lessons, and all the general craziness here.

Who has time to think about what to make for dinner?

Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips are HUGE.

My Secret Weapon: Dip
We all know that when you serve a kid food with a dip, you've turned food into a sport. There's eating with hands. There's dunking. There's interactivity. Which all point to food being eaten. So I get pretty creative with dipping sauces being served with just about every meal.

When I found this recipe for a Zesty Chili Sauce from Sam's Club, I thought it sounded like a winner. Since practically everything we make here in Texas has chili powder in it, I was sure the sports-obsessed boys (large and small) in my house would love this with their Iowa Hawkeye Football watching and Tyson Chicken Strips (their usual favorite football dinner) all football season long. This could go into the permanent meal plan for football night, along with some of my other favorite football food.

Ready for dinner!

I got the simple ingredients: Tone's Chili Powder ($5.28 for a giant 20oz bottle) and the Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips ($11.88 for a big 3lb bag) at Sam's Club. The other ingredients I already had on hand. I do love things I can whip up using stuff I've already got, don't you?

Also, Quinn can make this. I love when teenagers can make their own food. And their brother's. And leave me out of it completely.

Chicken Dippers (with Zesty Chili Sauce) Recipe (serves 6)
Prep time: 15 minutes – although I find that when adding things to sour cream to make a dip, it's best to do it the night before and let it sit in the fridge over night. Then, the flavors soak into the sour cream better.

1 tsp Tone's Chili Powder
1 cup sour cream (I used Daisy brand)
1 bag of Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips

Optional Ingredients I added:
Shredded Cheddar
Celery and carrots and cherry tomatoes to dip too!

Preheat your oven to heat up and crisp the Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips. Once the oven is ready, put in however many you think will serve your large or small crowd. Remember, these chicken strips are each the size of a chicken breast! While they're cooking simply blend 1 tsp Tone's Chili Powder with a cup of sour cream. Put it in the refrigerator to chill while your Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips cook.

I served the dip to each person individually, sprinkling shredded cheddar on top. And for the non-vegetable averse people (not Luka) I added some carrots, celery sticks, and tomatoes on the side, because this Zesty Chili Dipping Sauce is great with crunchy veggies too.

Now those males can all watch their Hawkeyes football in Chicken-Strip-Bliss while I go to an art gallery opening. It's an easy meal for a busy parent!

In-Store Cooking and Tasting Demos
Coming up this month and next, they'll be several opportunities to taste this recipe and others. They're sharing lots of quick and easy recipes to make your life easier on school nights, weekends, or whenever you don't feeling like spending your whole evening fulfilling your societal role as meal provider for the shorties in your house. (And that's me every day)

Demo Schedule at Sam's Club:
September 17: Italian Style Fish & Pasta
September 19: Smoked Sausage Pasta OR Quick ‘N’ Easy Chicken Parmesan
September 24: Chicken dippers

If you don't have a Sam's Club membership, you can always print a one-day pass here, so you can check out one of these fun and tasty in-store demos at Sam's Club yourself. I wouldn't want you to miss out. And, by the way, go on a Saturday because the samples are aplenty all over the store.

Keep up with Sam's Club on twitter here.
Like Sam's Club on Facebook here.

Mommy's Wish List Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias#CBias #SocialFabric All opinions are my own.

Subscribe to Mommy's Wish List so you don't miss insider information from brands.
Chili Chicken Dippers Recipe for Quick Texas-Flavored Dinners, from Sam's Club.SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend


® Mommy's Wish List, Dine on a Dime, Circular Surfer, Christmas Intelligence, Stalk Market, Shopping Intelligence, Coupon Whereabouts, are trademarks of Wish List Creative 2005 - 2016.

Newspaper subscription Google+