How to make an Easter Egg Cookie Pop Nest Basket

 Easter Egg Cookie Pop Nest Basket

Add this bright, colorful Easter centerpiece to your Easter table this year. It's a fun Easter baking and crafting project that you can do with your family. It features the adorable M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies Bunny Mix on Easter Egg Cookie Pops, displayed in a nest, and guarded by a fierce little bird.

We're getting to the super fun time of year at my house when we make Cascarones, Mexican Easter Eggs filled with confetti that the boys hide, find, and crack over each other's heads. This Easter Egg Nest Centerpiece is now on the "We want to make this every year, mom" list too. It'll make our dining room table so festive.

Taste of Home Magazine asked me to make an Easter Centerpiece for them. I wanted to come up with my own twist on their Easter Egg Garden Basket. This past week I was at the thrift store with my friend Elysa and ran across a $1.28 basket. It was the perfect inspiration for me to make this nest centerpiece. You'll easily find very cheap baskets at your local thrift store this time of year to make your kid an Easter basket, or this centerpiece.

I then hunted down almost everything I needed at my local grocery store including all the different MARS chocolates and candies I wanted to use, and found the rest at Michael's Craft Store. I used this week's Michael's coupon to get a deal on my purchases there.

Easter Egg Cookie Pops Recipe

This super fun Easter Cookie Pop recipe is my adaptation of a recipe from Taste Of Home Magazine's MARS Easter Sweets Cookie Garden recipe. Instead of the garden that they made (which you could easily do with flower, egg, and bunny pops) I made my Easter basket into a nest and used eggs only. I added a tiny bird that sits atop the basket guarding his eggs.

Get creative, have fun making an Easter centerpiece like this one with your family!

Prep Time: 15 min.
Bake Time: 10-12 min.
Decoration Time: 30 min.
Difficulty: Moderate
Yield: Makes 16 cookies

1 Roll (18 oz.) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 Cup prepared white frosting
Assorted food coloring
1 1/2 Cups assortment STARBURST® Brand Jellybeans, M&M'S® Brand Milk or Dark Chocolate Candies Bunny Mix, M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Speckled Eggs and DOVE® Chocolate Eggs
12 Lollipop sticks (available at arts and crafts stores like Michael's)
Medium size cookie cutters in Easter shapes (I used an egg shape)

Materials for Basket Display:
Small basket (I found one at the thrift store)
Styrofoam or green floral oasis (I got mine at Michael's)
Easter grass (I used brown for my "nest")
Sticks gathered from outside and hot glue
Tiny bird, optional

1. According to the directions on the cookie dough package, roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
2. Using your favorite cookie cutters, press out cookies from each shape.
3. Press the lollipop sticks into the bottom half of the cookie cutout.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes in a preheated 350°F oven.
5. Cool the cookies. (Tip: If your cookie dough spreads when it bakes out of shape, you can use a fine cheese grater to shave the edges and sculpt your cookie to a perfect egg shape once it's cooled)
6. Color the frosting with a variety of food coloring. Frost the cookies and press on assorted STARBURST® Jellybeans and M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies Bunny Mix.

Making your Nest Easter Basket Centerpiece:

1. Set the styrofoam in the basket and cover with Easter grass.
2. Arrange the cookie pops by pressing the sticks into the styrofoam.
3. Decorate the grass with a sprinkling of M&M'S® Speckled Chocolate Eggs and DOVE® Chocolate Eggs.
4. Clip or glue your tiny bird on top of the handle of the basket to guard the eggs!

Nutrition Information (Provided by MARS):
Calories per serving 228
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 177 mg
Carbohydrates 33 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 19 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 0%DV
Vitamin C 0%DV
Calcium 0%DV
Iron 0%DV

About MARS Recipes
You can find this and other inspirational and creative MARS chocolate recipes on the M&M'S® Facebook page at You'll find even more ideas for the upcoming holiday on my Easter Pinterest Board, including crafts for kids, recipes, printables, and more.

And, I just this weekend posted some Easter Egg Doodle Art Coloring Pages that I drew for Kid's Activities Blog, that you can download and color.

®/TM/© Mars Inc. 2014

Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of MARS. The opinions and text are all mine.

How to make an Easter Egg Cookie Pop Nest BasketSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

® Mommy's Wish List, Dine on a Dime, Circular Surfer, Christmas Intelligence, Stalk Market, Shopping Intelligence, Coupon Whereabouts, are trademarks of Wish List Creative 2005 - 2016.

Newspaper subscription Google+