White Trash Candy recipe.

This White Trash Candy came home from work with my husband last week. And I am not embarrassed to tell you that I ate all of it. I didn't even share one bite. It was so good, I made him ask his boss' wife, who made it, for her recipe. So thank you, Robin. You've made me a very happy woman.

Also, I love the name, being from Wyandotte County Kansas and all where the boys fish before school and I learned how to chew tobacco with the wrestling team. Seriously, I can see using up all the little left-over handfuls of cereal, M&Ms, snacks, etc in this recipe, which makes it even more lovable.

White Trash Candy
1 pound of white candy coating
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
1 1/2 cups Rice Chex cereal
1 cup of Peanut Butter Captain Crunch cereal
1 cup salted pretzels
1 cup of salted mixed nuts
3 to 3 1/2 cups popcorn
1 cup small marshmallows
1 heaping tablespoon of powdered sugar

Melt 1 pound of white coating in top of double boiler or in microwave.

Mix together in large bowl: Chex, Captain Crunch, pretzels, nuts, popcorn, marshmallows.

When coating is finally melted add the peanut butter and stir until well blended.

Pour melted coating over mixed snacks and gently fold over and over until all snack pieces are evenly coated.

Immediately spread out on wax paper and let set up. (about 20-30 minutes)

Put powdered sugar in a large plastic bag and shake to coat inside of bag.

When candy is set up, break in pieces and put in plastic bag with powdered sugar.

Shake bag until all snack pieces are coated with the powdered sugar.

Serve or let set out to “dry” for approximately 12 hours before storing in air tight container.


You can find this and other cookies and candy recipes I drool over in my Cookie Exchange Recipes Pinterest board.

Subscribe to Mommy's Wish List and see what other creative stuff my family eats like SpanikopitaArmadillo Potatoes, Crock Pot BLTs, and Macaroni and Cheese Cupcakes.
White Trash Candy recipe.SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

® Mommy's Wish List, Dine on a Dime, Circular Surfer, Christmas Intelligence, Stalk Market, Shopping Intelligence, Coupon Whereabouts, are trademarks of Wish List Creative 2005 - 2016.

Newspaper subscription Google+